Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January Hum Drums

So I have good news and I have bad news. Good news: As unsuccessful I was last week in my cooking, this week has exceeded my expectations. Bad news: No pictures. Hunger has taken away my patience for taking pictures.

Monday: Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken Breasts and Vegetable Marinara

Tuesday: Moroccan Red Lentil Soup (a new staple in our household)

Wednesday: Pork with Thai Peanut Sauce

Thursday: Baked Shrimp and Tomatoes


Recipe: Pork with Thai Peanut Sauce

2 lb pork tenderloin trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces
1/3 cup terriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar (or in my case, apple cider vinegar with a pinch of sugar)
2 red peppers diced large
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 Tsp of crushed red pepper

1/4 cup peanut butter
2 green onions minced
crushed peanuts
lime wedges

1. Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Place the following in the slow cooker: pork tenderloin (cut in 4 pieces), red pepper, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
3. Cook on low for 8-9 hours.
4. Remove pork.
5. Stir in peanut butter.
6. Coarsely chop pork (by that time, it will fall apart when you place your fork on it)
7. Put pork back in slow cooker and cover with sauce.
8. Serve it over brown Jasmine rice and top with green onions and peanuts. Squeeze over lime juice.

After a long day of training, this was a great dinner to have waiting for me. I know training doesn't seem like it would be hard but it's a long day of saying 'Click on X. No, not there. Or there. Or-stop! (sigh) Okay, let's start over....again." By the time I get home, all patience has completely eroded.

On a side note, this may also contribute to not being able to wait to take a picture before eating....

No comments:

Post a Comment