Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Quick Lunch

I really tried to be lazy. I tried twice to order Thai delivery but I was rejected both times. Then I began to think about the book I was reading last week, Real Food Has Curves, and how when it went comes down to it, it's a matter of people not wanting to put forth the effort to each healthier, whole foods rather than processed foods. And I realized I was a hypocrite. I had been telling people about this book and how cool I thought it was and how I was trying to cut out processed foods, yet here I was trying to avoid the kitchen and order delivery.

So I scavenged our cupboards and came up with a delicious and easy Thai inspired dish.



I cooked a chicken breast, steamed some frozen veggies and prepared some whole wheat spaghetti noodles. What made the dish was the following peanut sauce.


Peanut Sauce
3 Tbsp of reduced sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp of minced fresh ginger (FRESH ginger is key here)
1 1/2 Tbsp of natural crunchy peanut butter
2 Tbsp of white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp of sugar
Few shakes of hot sauce


Whisk ingredients together and then pour over noodles, chicken and veggies. Finish by squeezing a half of lime over the dish and enjoy!

1 comment: