- Place your breadcrumbs in a toaster over or in an oven set to 350. Keep an eye on them!
- Slice your tomatoes and place on a plate.
- Slice your mozzarella and place over tomatoes.
- Tear up basil and place on tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Take your toasted breadcrumbs and sprinkle over other ingredients.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the lot of it and enjoy!
Robust Marinara Sauce
1 really big can of diced tomatoes (or two 15 oz. cans)
2 small eggplants
1 16 oz pkg of mushrooms
2 small zucchini
2 small yellow squash
1 green pepper
2-3 organic chicken sausages
2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
Splash of red wine
Couple sprays of olive oil spray
Italian seasoning to taste
Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- Cut up vegetables in large slices/dices.
- Spray large frying pan with olive oil spray and add all veggies and garlic. Splash on some red wine. Cover and let simmer until veggies start to get soft. This is when I start to boil the water.
- Add tomatoes and chicken sausages. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. This when I usually put the noodles in the water and put the spaghetti squash in the microwave.
- Add spices to taste. Serve over spaghetti and spaghetti squash.