Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How to Roast Red Peppers

There are many of you out there who may already know how to do this. This is a new thing for me and I wish I would have known how to do this years ago. It would have saved me money and calories as I would not have had to rely on roasted red peppers soaked in oil.


How to Roast Red Peppers

  1. Arrange your oven rack so that it is 5-6 inches from the broiler element.
  2. Turn your broiler on high.
  3. Place your peppers on a heavy lidded baking pan and put them in the oven.
  4. Every five minutes or once the side has been charred black, turn the pepper. It should take 15-20 minutes.
  5. When the peppers are soft and charred on each side, remove the peppers and place them in a large bowl. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. 
  6. Once the peppers have cooled, remove the skin, the seeds and the stem.
  7. Chop up and enjoy. 

Stay tuned for a recipe using roasted red peppers....

No comments:

Post a Comment