Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Why you shouldn't multi task

So I had to get up at 5 in the morning to do some hurry and up wait work for my job. I decided while I was in 'wait' mode to work on my bread.
I was super proud myself for getting the bread to rise and was planning how I was going to tell you how different the dough felt and how excited I was. I took it out of the bowl, did the whole shape it like a log and fold it and then make it like a torpedo and felt like I was the next master baker.
After I got the dough on the baking sheet and was just looking ahead at the next steps, I realized I had skipped Step 6: After the dough has risen, turn the dough over in the bowl and let it rise for 30 more minutes. Turn the dough again and let it rise another 30 minutes.
Sigh.
So I wasn't supposed to need to shape the dough into the log. It was still supposed to rise. Do I put it back in the bowl? Do I just let it rise as a log? I don't know!! I know that I probably messed up my bread. So 36 hours of work and the bread isn't going to turn out.
I think I will put it back in the bowl and hope for the best.

I will get this someday. Now I am even more determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment