Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Birthday Cake

Biggest lesson learned from making my own birthday cake: A common tip when you are frosting a double layer cake: "Place squares of wax paper under the cake when you are frosting. When you are finished, pull out the wax paper and there will be no frosting on the cake stand."
This is either a vicious lie or just another demonstration of my lack of coordination skills. I pulled out the wax paper and the cake almost came off with it. Then I was trying to pull the paper out while keeping the cake on the stand so there was frosting everywhere. Luckily I had extra frosting and some time before my guest arrived to clean up the stand. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get this tip to work: send them my way. I'm planning another cake for my nieces this weekend.








1 comment: