Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Easy Fast Chicken Lettuce Wraps

This post has been a long time coming. Months ago, Cooking Light did a great issue on different ways of cooking chicken. One of them intrigued me; They talked about grinding skinless, boneless chicken breasts with strong spices or sauces in the food processor to make your own flavored ground chicken. To be honest, I was a little grossed out when I thought about grinding raw chicken, but I can tell you that it was totally worth it.  After it was cooked and I had my first sample, this turned into a 'Best Decision Ever' moment. It's my new favorite way of making lettuce wraps.





Red Curry Chicken Lettuce Wraps

3 Chicken Breasts
3-4 Tbsp of Red Curry Paste
1 tsp of salt

3 Small Cucumbers (English or Gourmet Minis), chopped
3 Green Onions, chopped
1-2 Tbsp Cilantro chopped

Butter or Boston Lettuce leaves

Sirracha Sauce

  1. Put chicken breasts, red curry paste and salt in food processor. Pulse until ground. It probably looks gross now. Trust me, it will look much better after the next step.
  2. Spray some olive oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. Add chicken to pan and fry until it is cooked through.
  3. Add cucumbers and onions. Cook 2-3 minutes. Add cilantro. 
  4. Spoon chicken mixture into lettuce leave. Top with Sirracha (if you dare). Note: It's also good with greek yogurt if the spice is too much for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment